Atlas (Master) - HO Scale - GP40-2 Diesel Locomotive - Gold Models - ESU Sound & DCC - Canadian Pacific (CP) #4653 - Red/White/Black With White Lettering (SKU 150-10003480)
Available On: February 1, 2021
The GP40-2 was EMD’s follow-up to the very successful GP40 locomotive model. While many internal upgrades were introduced (such as the use of improved, modular Dash 2 electrical components), there were some external differences between the early production GP40-2 and late-production GP40. This included an engine water-level sight glass on the right side of the body (a feature common to all EMD Dash 2 models), a larger electrical cabinet air filter box, a lengthened battery compartment on the left side, and a slightly modified cab.
All GP40-2s featured a 16-cylinder EMD 645-series diesel engine which was rated at 3,000 horsepower. Early to mid-production phase 2 GP40-2s
were built from mid-1976 through late-1979. Several major spotting features of Phase 2 units include: an 88” low nose, corrugated radiator grilles and notched step wells.
MASTER MODEL FEATURES:
• Golden-white LEDs
• Realistic die-cast underframe
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
• Directional lighting
• Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
• Detailed cab interior with crew
• Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
• Movable drop steps
• Walkway safety tread
• Coupler cut bars
• Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Etched metal radiator and dynamic brake fans (included where appropriate per road name).
• Dynamic Brake options: standard range, extended range or non-dynamic brake hatch used where appropriate per road name.
• 2,600, 3,000 and 3,600 gallon fuel tank where appropiate by road name.
Sound Functionality Features (Gold Models Only):
Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals. Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
DCC OPERATION FEATURES:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Order Due Date: August 21, 2019
Anticipated Delivery Date: March 2020